To keep your garage door in tip top and great shape, it requires regular and proper maintenance. You should have one thing keep in mind that with the proper maintenance you can provide a great shape and long life to your garage door. It is advisable that you hire a professional for monthly or yearly inspection. The condition of your garage door can show that how you care of it.
Your few minutes of inspection can increase the lifespan of your garage door. So, what are you waiting for? Make monthly inspection and enhance the curb appeal of your house as well as garage door. To avoid expensive repair and replacement, it is advisable that you have believed in a regular inspection and maintenance.
Toronto Garage Door Expert share some important tips that help you to keep your garage door in great and tip top shape.
- Analysis the door: Analysis your garage door and look for any wear and tear sign. Check if there is any torsion spring, cable, roller or other part. Make sure all the parts are tightly bolted in the right place. Any shaking part can cause the door to come out of adjustment. In order to safety and security, leave your door problems for the professional.
- Proper lubrication: Lubricating the moving parts of the door is very important. The parts can be jammed, if you don’t lubricate them on time. If you have a plastic door roller and plastic idler bearings, don’t need lubrication. Lubricate hinges, wheels, rollers, track and spring with wax or household oil properly. Lubricate them at least twice a year.
- Clean: Your door can stuck due to dust or debris. If you don’t clean your garage door on regularly basis, indirectly you are putting your garage door in high risk. So many problems can occur due to dust and other outsource pollution particles. To remove dust and debris from the track of the door, use warm water and mild detergent. It helps to keep the door clean and pollution free.
- Inspection by experienced technician: This is one of the easiest ways to keep the door in tip top shape. This is the general inspection, which is possible by adept technician. You can do this on your own. But if you don’t have enough time and not able to examine your door, hire a professional.
- Adjust electric opener: Your garage door not working properly, it means there is a problem with your opener. There is no doubt that you use the opener to open and close the door. With the passing of time, may be any problem can occur. So, if you see any problem in opening and closing the door, check the door opener.
When the question arises about the maintenance of garage door, there are many things you can do on your own and these things are mentioned above.