It happens to many homeowners that their garage doors suddenly stop working or does not open and close properly. This has happened due to mechanical problems. To fix this problem you need a professional, but sometimes it can be irreparable. If you live in a severe geographical location and your garage door may damage due to heavy snowfall or hail storm, in such situations you need to replace your garage door with a new one instead of repairing. Because security comes first.
Your garage door is a key part of your house and maintenance of the door is very important. Replacing your old garage door with a new one can completely change the appearance of your house and garage.
1. Enhance the value of your house: Curb appeal is an extremely important factor in your house when you consider about the value of your house. An overhead door and exterior of your house are the main things people see before walking in your house. Replacing an old door with a new one can boost the curb appeal of your property.
2. Lower your cooling and heating bills: If you have fifteen to twenty years old garage doors, may be you don’t have an insulated door. Modern garage doors are totally insulated, which helps to mitigate the electricity bill in every season. An insulated door helps to keep your garage cool in the summer season and warm during the winter season.
3. Raise the level of security and safety: New garage doors are automatic and comes with photo eye. A photo eye is a safety sensor and it protects pets and kids from any accident or injury.
4. Reduce maintenance and repair: If you are thinking about to repair your old garage door, you may make a big mistake. Repair and maintenance of old door can be costly instead of replacement. Installing a new automatic overhead door can mitigate the total chances of maintenance, repair and also save your time and bucks.
5. Safe storage: A new garage door with various security and safety features helps you to protect your belongings from intruders and thieves. Most of the people use a garage to store their unwanted valuables and other extra personal items. If you have a poorly insulated garage door, your belongings can suffer damage from the bad weather condition. By installing an insulated door, you can protect your valuables.
Installing a new garage door is a cost effective and the smartest way to increase the value of your house. Safety, security, noise reduction, lower insurance premium and energy efficiency are some important benefits of changing your old overhead door.